Rimmel and I go back. Way back.
Rimmel made the first lipstick I bought, at the tender age of 16 when my best friend and I got matching red lippies at the mall. They also made the first powder I fell in love with, that I still use to this day.
They’re affordable, of good quality, and easily accessible here in New Zealand.
But, with all “drugstore” brands, you are going to get some hits and misses.
So let me take the guesswork out of it with the official “Rimmel London NZ Best Bits List” (made official by yours truly, because I can.)
1. Stay Matte Pressed Powder – this stuff is all that, a bag of chips, a cake, a roast potato and half your mum’s ancient tin can collection. I wear this every day in the shade Transparent (which is not a translucent powder, it is a lovely vanilla/ivory shade, a bit warmer than most lightest-shade-they-have shades) and it’s everything I want a powder to be. It sets foundation without being cakey, as well as being my go-to for on top of bare skin. It’s also only NZ$14.50 from The Warehouse. Get into it.
2. Insta Fix & Matte Powder – if you were looking for a translucent powder, you can’t look past this. It’s perfect for setting under your eyes without it going all crepey, you can use it to bake, set your foundation and concealer, and importantly there’s no flashback. Best of all, it’s a whopping NZ$16.99 from Farmers. (Soz but how can you argue with that price point???)
3. Wonder Wing liner – the beauty of this is in the shape of the tip. It’s a conical felt tip liner but one side has been shaved flat so you can stamp on your wing. I use the edge of the shaved side to get a really fine line across my lashline and then use the flat edge for killer wings. It stays on really well – dries fast, doesn’t smudge or fade – but I find I need two coats to get it really black. This is a must have for me in the mornings – I can hit that snooze button one more time cause I know my liner is only gonna take me like, four and a half seconds. You can get it from Farmers for NZ$17.99.
Eyeball close up #rimmellondonnz Magnifeyes Nude Edition palette and Wonder Wing liner 💕 and #colourpopcosmetics Super Shock Shadow in Cheap Date ✨ lashes are @dodolashes D105 (use code MICHEFRANCES for 💸 off) and #anastasiabeverlyhills Moonstone from the Sundipped Glow Kit 💕 brows are #abh Dipbrow Pomade in Ebony 🌹 #motd #rimmel #abhbrows #dipbrow #anastasiabrows #glowkit #sundipped #undiscovered_muas #abhglow #nudelips #colourpop #supershock #redhair #gingerhair #smokeyeye #wonderwing
4. Brow This Way Eyebrow Powder Kit – this is an amazing dupe for the Benefit Brow Zings, only it’s much friendlier for the pocket at NZ$16.99 instead of NZ$55. Brow powders are great because it’s easy to blend them out to look really natural. This one also comes with the cutest tiny spoolie.
5. Magnif’Eyes Eye Contouring Palette – I’ve used Smokey, Blush and Nude and I can hand on heart say I love them all, but Blush has to be my favourite. If you’ve got green or blue eyes, you need this palette. It has an RRP of NZ$25.99 which I honestly think is a steal for a 12 pan palette of this pigmentation.
I’m all for high end makeup but brands like Rimmel make beauty on a budget so easy. Perfect for Christmas presents for the makeup addict in your life.
What are your favourite products from Rimmel?
Goodies from @rimmellondonnz 😍 loving the new Magnifeyes palettes, as you can see I’ve already heavily used the blush one (top) and I used the middle one for my most recent look 💕 yet to use the smokey one but I’m 100% here for that third shade in 🙌🏻 and the Wonder Wing liner is fantastic, the stamp doesn’t give quite as crisp a wing as I like but the tip is quite sharp so you can easily go back in and sharpen it up if that’s what you like 😊 10/10, Rimmel 💕 #gifted
As always, this blog post is entirely my own, honest opinion. Everything I have written here I believe to be true. I did receive items 2 through 5 for review but paid full price for item 1, regardless my opinion is genuine.